Diseases to be Covered by the Plan
The list of diseases covered at this time includes arthritis, asthma, breast cancer, diabetes, glaucoma, high cholesterol, hypertension, ischaemic heart disease, major depression, prostate cancer and psychosis.
Eligible persons will be able to register in the upcoming days at the following locations:
In Nassau, registration will begin at:
• The Elizabeth Estates and Flamingo Gardens clinics at 1:00 p.m. on February 22nd and 23rd.
• The South Beach and Fleming Street clinics at 1:00 p.m. on February 24th and 25th.
• At the Princess Margaret Hospital from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from February 25th thru March 5th.
• Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre on February 25th and 26th between the hours of 9:30 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m.
And if persons are unable to make it to any of these locations, registration will be ongoing at
• All of NIB’s New Providence Local Offices from February 26th.
In Grand Bahama, registration will take place at:
• The Rand Memorial Hospital between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from February 22nd
thru February 24th and
Registration will be ongoing at
• All of NIB’s G. B. local offices starting on February 25th
And finally in The Family Islands, registration will be ongoing at:
• All of NIB’s F. I. local offices from February 22nd
In the coming days, the public will see and hear more information concerning registration in a series of newspaper, radio and television ads.
What is Needed for Registration
Persons should bring:
their NIB card
a valid photo ID and
should know the name and address of the physician or clinic that’s presently treating your condition
and prescribing your medication.
The registration process is a pretty quick one as we will conduct a short interview to update the existing information in our NIB system. We are also asking a parent or legal guardian to accompany a child who needs to register.
Special arrangements will be made to register some persons who may be unable to come to the registration locations, for example, invalids or persons residing homes for the aged.
Once the registration application has been processed and the condition is confirmed by a physician, persons will then be notified of when and where to pick up your unique membership swipe card.
This card will allow you to access the huge savings on prescriptions and other benefits previously mentioned by the Minister when the plan is launched in April.